Monday 8 August 2011

I'd like to give the world a blog, and furnish it with thoughts....

with ponderings and mutterings, of philosophy and love..... :-)

So yesterday I was in a bad mood, it happens to us all sometimes, It happens to me about once a week. I usually get homesick on a Sunday, ring my mum and then I'm fine for another week. This week it was Tashie's birthday and it's also Megan (darling neice of mine)'s birthday tommorow. I'm gutted to miss either, so both sucks ass, big time.

I haven't spoken to my mum or dad or the rest of the clan, I'm making a point, trying to anyway. You know where I am, You know I miss you all. Pick up the phone.

Things are going well out here, it's peak season and it feels like we have 20 thousand children. in reality we dont have any where near that but they create enough havoc, noise and stress for it to feel that way. We had 10 French children in all (including babies) and they just seem to be a little bit feral. Lovely, but a teensy bit mad. One good thing is we have babysitting jobs coming out of our ears so we can earn some pocket money.

The riot's happening in London this weekend are crazy, I'm watching the news right now. Is it true that it started because a boy was shot? and the prime minister is living it up in Italy... crazy. I only found out because  they sell the Sun in the hotel, not that I read it mind, I came online and had a look. I feel really quite cut off from the world at the moment, not having telly or the papers. did you know it's like 4 euro for the international times? I dont even read the Times but I nearly bought it the other day until i saw the price.

I miss work. That's not sad right? I do, I miss the young people, I miss the banter, My team, working toward something... I'm not ungrateful, don't get me wrong, I love being out here and having the opportunity to spend such a long time in a beautiful setting and with great people, we've even met a couple of famous people, the latest being John Hannah from Four weddings and a funeral/ the rock/ cold case/ the co-op adverts. that was pretty cool and we've had some really decent kids in that we've grown attached to, I had a couple of kids tell me they love me, then parents that want to take me home, one kid wouldn't wear sun cream unless we put it on for him and not his mum.

my veiw right now is beautiful, I'm sat outside on the balcony at the apartment where I'm babysitting two gorgeous 6 month old twins and I can see right across the bay to Spinalonga and the sun is just behind the mountains making a big sillouette


So in other news...

I have found a new hobby, creating beautiful one off art work in the form of fax cover sheets

I have been pencilled in to work in the teen club in Cyprus next year, snorkelling, climbing, biking, all sorts, frikkin amazing!

I drove the other day. not at all legally, or particularly well

I love that you've read this blog and hopefully aren't asleep yet. :-)

Be good x

No comments: