Thursday 18 August 2011

An Ode to my phone (rest in pieces, Bertie)

They say you were only a phone, but you were much more than that, you were my camera, my phone book, my address book and my access to the internet, my method of contact to the outside world, my Photo album of places, people and memories. 

Oh phone, why did you have to dive into the sea? was I not good enough for you.....

Ok, so really not sad enough to write a poem about my phone, but good god, I am severely gutted about it. But I guess it's just shown me a little bit of how much we rely on technology, this little sliver of a phone to run and organise our lives. 

And how stupid of me not to back things up to my Sim or the computer..... argh! 

Aside from that things are going well here. I've finally had a bit of rest from my marathon of long days and nights working and babysitting, I think there will be more in a few days, which is good for my purse. I had a day off on Tuesday which was ace, I went to Almyros (?) beach just outside of Agios Nikoloas and we (Aimee and I) spent hours soo chilled out on the sunbeds listening to the music coming from the bar and the normal beachy noises of the sea and people chatting. Not been that chilled out for a very long time. 

I was in a rotten mood when I got home from work yesterday, I had to nap for almost two hours to try and shift myself out of it, then I did some cleaning, which made me feel much better. 

although, I'm definitely not as cleaning crazy as I was! I don't know whether it's the lack of spare time or just me growing up and moving on a bit, I'm not dirty or anything but I'm far more laid back about the state of the apartment. It's good. refreshing. 

So have I already blogged about my plans for this winter? 

I have been offered peak weeks of ski season, so I think , when I get home in November I'm going to spend some time at home, then I'm going to Italy (of the other way round) for a while, then home, Then wendy's for Christmas, and stay with her in between working in the snow until next May. plan? I think so, it could all change though. 

Ahh, I miss home, family and my friends. Millions. Specially right now while I feel run down. I cant wait to go for the pub quiz and walk along the front and see the illuminations and see how Blackpool has changed and how Theo and the rest of the clan have grown. we are definatly at the halfway point now, something like 10 weeks to go. 

I know I haven't done a more philosophical mumbly Blog in a while, I hope I get chance to soon. 

Loves x 

No comments: