So... I wonder whether people will think I've changed when I get back? for sure I have chilled out a bit, I've met lots of interesting people, and some not so interesting, I've got a great tan, I have a job lined up for next summer and I have a winter full of loose plans and lots of opportunity. I'm pretty excited.
I have had quite a few days off recently, mainly because we didn't get much chance when it was busy, It's been quiet (mainly because I spent all my money about 4 days after pay day) but nice to just chill out, catch some sun and read a few books and think about the future.
Ioannis, the caretaker at our apartments says that I should become a teacher, travel around Greece and then settle in a white washed villa somewhere with a nice Greek man. sounds good, aside from the teaching bit. I could never do formal teaching in a school, I have respect for people who do and wish anyone who wants to in the future the best of luck, I've met student teachers who are buzzing full of ideas and passion for teaching and then as soon as they hit placement, boom, it's gone and you see them realise what they actually have to do, It's all about the curriculum and exams and health and safety and being PC without any adventure or exploring of what interests kids.
Youth work is like teaching though, my dearest mother taught me brilliantly and helped me discover at a young age that everyone is a teacher and our schooling isn't just 9 til 3; 5 days a week. we're learning alllll the time. Like, when I was doing my sexual health training the lady told us that she's taught people who have been married for 30 odd years how to put condoms on properly and they've not known all the facts and things that they should be passing on. Did you know that Ejaculation happens at a speed of around 30 MPH? (appx 48 KPH)
So some things that I've learnt over these last 4 months
Love you.Fi x
- I need a hobby. seriously, I need to discover a talent or something, you can't just work all the time (or in my case, work, go out, work, go out, sunbathe) the people I've met not just recently, they're all so damned talented and interesting, who knows, I could make a good photographer, dancer or artist, whatever, I've just never really tried.
- I know what I want to do for the most part of my life. sorted. But just because I know doesn't mean I have to do it now. or continuously.
- I am twenty two. Although at times I feel older and I have my moments when I act more mature, I'm still pretty young, I have a lot of life to live.
- We should all learn to use the delete button on our facebook 'friends' list. Oh and don't feel the need to add everyone you've ever met.
- When you meet someone, you don't need to know every single thing about them, and they don't need to know every thing about you either. getting to know people isn't a race.
- I am not pretty. Stop there, don't be thinking I have self esteem issues,It's not necessarily a bad thing, I'm just not, but if I make a bit of effort I can look half decent and a smile and a laugh goes a long way.
- Blow your own trumpet, no one else will do it for you. If you can't spot a few good things about yourself then others wont even bother looking. I.e. I am good at writing. I may be good at fiction writing, I don't know, but I love writing my Blog.