Wednesday 18 January 2012

beating myself up

If I were you, I'd tell me to get a grip.

If I were you, I'd tell me to get up, go out, do something.

If I were you, I'd tell me to enjoy having some time out, to take the chance to do what I always complain that I don't have time to do. or see, hear and experience things that I miss when I'm not here.

You, would tell me (being you) that it's hard to get out of bed, to get dressed before 12, because theirs nothing to get up for.

If I were you, I'd shake my head and tell me that you don't know how lucky you are.

If you were me, what would you do? get up early? Go for a walk? or have a lie in and relentlessly scroll through pages upon pages of job adverts that want me (being you) and not you (being me). Write up the list of rejections to show just what you're doing with your time?

If I were you

If you were me...?


1 comment:

Lisa said...

Just being me, reading about you being you, I'd say that this is a legitimately difficult time of transition for you. Far easier for an outsider to say, "Up and at 'em" than to live the daily reality of trying to find a job and figure out what's next. I'll be thinking good thoughts for you!