Wednesday 20 July 2011

Can you only get lonely if you've loved?...

Dont worry, I'm not sad again, It's just a bit of a question that's been going round my head, I am a bit lonely but that's another story.

So the reason for this title is because I fancy writing a book, kindof a far out, hair brained idea of mine, I'm no literary genius but I'd love to give it a go. I was babysitting yesterday and one of the girls showed me a book, I think it was called the saddest king, It was a beautiful book and all about how it's ok to be sad sometimes. I'd like to write books like that, maybe just one even that can help a kid learn, wether they have a really privaledged life or are at the lowest of lows. I remember reading Jaqueline wilson as a kid, and she really... not opened my eyes but... explained things that I could see or hear about? does that make sense? Like when she wrote stories about bullying, it wasn't just, 'so and so got bullied, told a teacher and it was fine', she wrote, 'This is her life and what goes on, this is what other people think of it and here's how she feels'

I remember I wrote to Ms Wilson once, she was and still is kindof my hero, I wrote her a poem asking her to come to tea, which she never did, But she did send a handwritten Postcard back apologising that it was a bit too far to come for tea but thank you so much for writing and reading the books. I remember, I was soo happy when I got that, you know what it's like when your a kid, it's like no one listens to you or hears you. I was amazed, I found it again the other month when I was packing up my room. ahh that was a trip down memory lane, the things I found, the things I threw out :-s

I found stuff like birthday cards from my 16th birthday, 6 years ago! and I found my old scrapbook from when I just moved to Blackpool, I'll have to put more in that. It has photos of when I visited my friends and parties and about my new home and the last few times I had in stortford... [sighs] I found cards from, family, drawings from my nephews and neice, cards from friends and cards from people who I now realise never were my friends, all valid and valuable memories that I will never lose, even if i've recycled the cards and shredded some letters.

I'm on my day off, again, they're the only days I really get to sit a do anything on here. my last day off was Friday but I was poorer than poor and ended up waiting in for our new manager. She's all right, as far as descriptions go, she's a northerner (yorkshire) which reminds me of home, she's sarcastic (like me) which reminds me of my old team and she's kindof brightened up the place and boosted us all a bit, which is good!

so since my last post.... not alot has happened, just more rediculous expectations from the hotel we work in, a bit of babysitting, my phone was cut off, I've been bit about 12 times and I've been swimming everyday, wether it's at work or in the sea. I love swimming but it's a good job i'm not bothered about my hair, it's being dried up like ready salted crisps.

There was a big celebration in Blackpool last night with my old team and the young people we used to work with, I'm so gutted I couldn't be there but I rang and spoke to as many people as I could.

Right, well, Sasha the beautiful chef (he is a man, but russian, apparently sasha is short for Alexander, huh) has taken his washing and given me my daily dose of creeping so now, I shall venture in to Agios, get some food and go get some groceries.

Love you lots. x

No comments: