Tuesday 5 July 2011

Neglecting my blog is a bad thing to do....

I miss you blog, I really frikkin do.

I wrote a bit of a blog the other night at home and here it is....


Sorry my love’s for not writing too often. I’ve been busy but bored and wanting to write all the time, but I never have my laptop with me, and there’s barely anywhere I can get on the net to post.
Forgive me?
Here’s some of the things I wanted so desperately to tell you!
People standing in the sea. Really bizarre creatures, I’ve never seen it anywhere aside from where I work, It must be a five star resort thing. People will get up on their 2 hourly break of sun bathing/baking, occasionally put their bikini tops back on and just stride out into the sea to just under waist height and do NOTHING. They just stand. Sometimes they do it in groups. Just stand there, they don’t even seem to look at the scenery. They’re like amphibious robots. They aren't even in any depths for me to suspect they are going for a sneaky wee.


You should NOT scrape the puss off your tonsils when you have tonsillitis. Apparently anyway, makes it worse? I went to the hospital on Tuesday, after feeling drunk and dead simultaneously at work, so there i go, get pointed in several different directions at once and mumbled at in Greek (probably something like, bloody foreigners)  then I found my way to the fourth floor and after more grumbling came across this stunning man called Dr Stefanis. A cross between George Clooney (in the fact that he is a doctor and salt and pepper hair, much like the good doctor George in ER) and House. I went in, sat on the bed and he peered into my puss lined throat and confirmed my suspicions, ‘Yes, tonsillitis, come over here and let me take your data’ [ooh, hello doctor...]
So there I go, and he takes my name and date of birth from my passport and he explains the prescription he’s writing me, while making very inappropriate eye contact [i didn’t mind] and on the way to the door, mid conversation he steps onto the scale and asks me to ‘hold on’ a minute while he see’s how much he weighs. Then he does this little shrug and tells me to come back soon so he can check me out again. Bad English on his part? Hmm, maybe.

So work is still ridiculous, I pretty much hate it here. I don’t regret much in life, after all you cant change whats already happened can you? But I do quite regret leaving my job, or maybe coming here? I don’t regret going away, that part is good, It’s just everything is so rubbish. But I should stop complaining really. It wont get me any where, although, if we get another check in call from the London office I’m actually going to be so honest they wont know what’s hit them. We’re all so run down, everyone’s been ill, now I’ve got my tonsillitis, we’re not eating properly, were spending money we don’t have on weekly food shops that we cant keep fresh. Hmph.

Today I got a parcel and letters through the post today, they actually made my month, I love hearing from home even if it's just that the flowers are blooming and the cats are sunbathing alot on my bed (thanks mum :-) ) it's actually really nice. I know facebook is alot easier and quicker, as is blogging, but it's so nice to get a letter. And I finally have some mix to make up some veggie burgers too, yay! food!

Also David has posted a video of the boys on facebook for me to see, oh I nearly cried, the beautiful things.

So now i'm off to babsit for a couple of hours, it'll be ok, I can sit out on the balcony and write on here hopefully and then catch the bus at 11pm, fingers crossed, there's been a taxi strike today so if I miss the bus I don't what chance I have of getting home. We'll see eh?

Love to you x and thanks for reading. 

No comments: