Tuesday 26 July 2011

It's too frikkin hot and I just had to pick the meat out of a plate of carbonara for lunch

Need I say more?

Thats right, I feel ratty this afternoon. 

It's not been a too bad couple of days, I got given star of the week at work (not that i've received said star yet) I've had take out nearly every night and I've had a couple of nice phone calls with family, friends and the stallion (yes, he's still about, but not stalking me now, I've got quite used to him)



Sunday though, I had the biggest feeling of dread ever, I got off the bus and I just felt like I NEEDED to speak to my big brother, like something had happened? you know? well, he was fine, and it was nice to chat, but I still felt full of dread. spooky, so in the end I've run up my phone bill alot and spoken to my mum and dad and little sis, big sis, brother, Tashie, Lukey, Nana, Their all fine so far. I hate this feeling. I'm not superstitious or anything but something feels wrong.

The new girls are supposed to be flying out on Thursday thank god, so my day off is is sniffing distance, I only had one a week ago I know... I wont moan again.

Here is the latest Blog from work......

"And then there were four…

As well as mourning the loss of our dearly beloved Amy Wino this week, here at Domus we have lost four staff in as many weeks and gained one stressed out northern lass.

As we wait with baited breath the arrival of both our new staff and a day off (poor Hannah hasn’t had one yet) we shall tell you a little of whats been going down in our little shed, formally known as kids club.

One of our favourite activities of late has been our impromptu water fights, AKA, soak Ricky and Fiona, lead and encouraged by the new girl, more than once Fiona has endured a fate not dissimilar to Waterboarding, all in order to cheer up a little girl called Blossom (that’s an actual name!) and the whole hotel has (not) enjoyed seeing the team walking round resort like drowned rats in near see through uniform. Who ever thought up an all white uniform for child care staff has obviously never worked with/ seen children before! As well as allowing the world a glimpse of our smalls we have various splodges, splashes and patches of paint, glitter (and food in some cases) all over us. So much for washable paint!

Although we are down by three members of staff, still without a fridge and decent food and getting through a 10 litre bottle of water per day it’s soo hot, Morale is good and the kids are fab.

Ricky confuses the hell out of us by preffering the awkward/ more violent kids and Alyona is like the Pied Piper of Russian speaking children who wont come in unless she’s there.

This week we have decided to start STROP WATCH and boy have we had some corkers…


One of Rickys favourite children absolutely hates being told to apologise or that he’s wrong and on several occasions has chosen to curl up and fall asleep instead of thinking about what he’s done and apologise…

Hannah after hearing theres a taxi strike (leaving us to walk home from Agios);

“Ricky, you are a moron, I said I wasn’t walking, you can carry my frikkin rucksack”

“Is it time for another beer stop yet?” (The walk home from Agios turning into a pub crawl)

Ricky after whinging all the way home about his missing bank card;

‘Oh for F**k sake, I just stepped in a F**king puddle”

“stop f**king laughing at me you witches” (Hannah and I nearly weed/ couldn’t breathe or walk from laughing so much)
We’ve been trying to spend a bit more time with the Diosce girls of late, usually culminating on a crazy ass night out which involve Ice cream breaks, Bicycles and washing machines…

In other news,
Fiona is being teased daily for her name sake, Princess Fiona of Shrek fame.


The fit chef that Ricky and Fi creep on has moved to new apartments meaning that there is now 11:3o rush for a seat on the balcony as he walks past and also no more morning visits from him to use the washing machine L

The weather is frikkin hot and we all smell highly unattractive from constant sweating, not as bad though as one baby that has been in and had the sweatiest and smelliest hair EVER known to man kind. When asked why she thought the baby smelt so much Hannah replied with this little gem… ‘Well they’re one holiday”

Ricky and Hannah are turning in to slight alcoholics and wait with crossed fingers to see if the bar is open when we arrive home from work. For those of you crazy enough to want to come visit us, beware of Ioannis’s cocktail making skills and only commit to buying one if you 1; know the recipe and 2 have a day off the next morning. Ioannis is, what you would call more than generous with the vodka and doesn’t seem to have any system of measuring quantities of alcohol unless you ask for half a glass of pint of.

All of us are missing different things from home, so if any of you have any spare time, please please please send us supplies of…

Marmite
Ribena
A sofa
Crunchy peanut butter
A Handsome man


Most importantly is the Marmite (newbies take note) and the handsome man (paul put this on your requirements list when interviewing please)

Everyone’s favourite job, KMS is proving… challenging but the good news is that our last booking is for the start of September, early home time everyone?

Fiona is the current star of the week, unsurprisingly really as she works so hard and always has a smile on her face (she also writes the blogs…) she was disappointed though that the impressive title didn’t come with a pay rise and is still waiting on a glittery god star badge as promised by Hannah.

So that’s all for now, I am striking from Blog writing until our last blog is on here to accompany this. If it isn’t up soon I may even have to stop creating fancy fax sheets to go with our excellent feedback forms.
That’s all. 



No comments: