Tuesday 12 July 2011

long lost Blog

We swum in the sea at midnight last night. (when I say last night I mean one night last week) It was pretty cool, I don’t mean cold, cos it wasn’t really. I just came in from babysitting and was just about falling asleep on my feet when Cornell, the new groom came down and invited us all swimming, nut job that I am, said yeah ok and went and got changed even though just two minutes before I’d been ready for my bed.

It was pretty cool, the sea does funny things to my head and makes me dizzy, bizarre but I love it. I was floating for ages to watching the stars, would have been a lovely opportunity for some philosophical reflecting etc etc if it hadn’t had been for the splashing and squealing. Ahh but it was good fun.

I had a day off on Wednesday aswell, it was lovely, I slept in til just before noon and took a walk into town, had a beautiful salad and aubergines and spoke to lil sis and then went on the tinterweb to send some emails and things. When I got home I sat by the pool reading my book until I got so frustrated from wanting to dive in that I had to walk to the beach and I stayed and swum for a good two hours.

Nat came home from work and we accidentally went out, we originally only planned to go to the cash machine in Agios (we have to walk 30 mins for our money.... cash machines are meant to be convienient!) but on the way we thumbed a lift for a joke off of one of the bar men from Alexandro’s. So because we go there so quick we thought we’d hang around a bit, went round by the lake and took some photos and then ended up in...... Aquarius as usual. The others came to join us and Nat, Stacie and I didn’t get in til gone half 3. So that’s why I was almost dead to the world last night, 15 hours on 4 hours sleep, not a good move! 

so this weekend brought on more partying (on very little money) and alot less sleep, so much so that sunday after my fab day out I had 16 hours sleep! 

sunday was our last day off together as a team, Jenna is leaving this weekend and now the club is open seven days a week 10 am til 9pm so we have to go by a rota. so for our last outing together we decided to go to see Spinalonga, an island just off the coast of Crete which among other things was used as home to a leper colony. it's all very interesting and was great to finally get round it, to appreciate it though, I think you should read a book called the Island by Victoria Hislop, it's based on the true history of the island, and it's really interesting. I highly recommend both the book and the island. 

then we got home, absolutely shattered (me and lish' had 2 hours sleep) and were planning to collapse into bed when we decided to go and find some watersports. woop! 

so we went to the Mirabello beach and meet Alex the water sports guy and first we go on the Sofa, which is pulled around by the boat on a rope and you have to hang on to these straps or else you'll fall off. it's was so much fun, we were bumpiong into each other, sliding half off the float and bouncing in the air. 

but no, that was not enough, we decide to go on a brand new one that they had just blown up, called the flying fish, along the same sort of lines except you lie flat on your stomach and again get pulled along while getting a face full of water after each turn and your whole body flipping about while holding on for dear life. this time we came off about 6 times each and even fell off before he'd started the boat up. 

then, not even that was enough, Lisha had to go to work but jenna and I, took one look at eachother and just said, Yeah, and proceeded to go on the jet ski aswell. 

Awesome day. loved it, loved it. 

anyway, it's about 40+ degrees here and I have a massive hill to climb before i get my bus. 

Hope you're well

No comments: