Friday 22 April 2011

6 lovely days with family, 2 new followers, 2000 words to write and 26 days till Crete

Six lovely days with family in Grantham with Wendy (my big sister), Mum and the kids. it's been great, quiet, relaxed, playing with the kids, good food and I've managed to resist most urges to snack and buy new clothes (see last post!) 

well done me! It's great getting to know my sister again, we didn't really speak for a bit, she moved about alot with her husband and lived in Germany for a couple of years but now she's in one place and I've seen her more the last year than I have since she got married I think. it's nice. she's now a busy mum and home help carer and does it all brilliantly. This week I said I wanted to try and lose 6 pounds before I go away and Wendy and Mum have been like the devil and angel on my shoulder, Mum is just like me and loves a snack and Wendy keeps reminding me that I want to lose weight.



The last couple of days I've felt a bit like the pied piper. not in the sinister way that I've led children away to slaughter, I have however been best friend/ climbing frame / swing pusher / hand holder and the person of choice to sit next to at dinner. 

I am fun aunty 'nona. :-) 

patience levels full to burst, smiles and cuddles at their disposal and no OCD cleanliness. Brilliant. 
I have loved spending the last week and a bit with W and the kids (and Mum), little Megan and Lewis are wonderful little souls, clever calm and content.

Lewis with his funny little face (i mean that in the most endearing way, they are both beautiful) that squishes up when he smiles, always asking 'what you doing?' and 'What your name?' and Megan, intelligent little princess with a bright smile and vivid imagination. 

I now have two new followers! Thank you, thank you for joining my page and popping by to read my ponderings. I got so excited about it yesterday. And I have comments! I'm like a proper Blogger now.

Yeah so I also have 2000 words to write on masculinity and risk taking behaviour, It's quite an interesting topic, I just keep getting distracted and not doing any reading. three of my friends and I have to perform a fish bowl about it, which is a critical debate which is staged and used to asses our knowledge and our ability to debate, discuss and critically analyse a topic or issue. The stuff I've come up with so far is... 

  • Nature or nurture? is masculinity something you naturally develop? is it just limited to males? 
  • What does it mean to be masculine? 
  • Is risk taking behaviour mostly undertaken by masculine people? is it just a myth that boys cause more trouble? 
and then we each have to right up an essay to summarise the topic. I thought maybe if I wrote it in here I might be able to keep motivated, after all I do go on my blog everyday almost so it'll serve as a reminder. 

I have 26 days till Crete! 

Eeeeeeeeeeeee! I've been obsessively writing shopping lists and to do lists and lists for packing and I'm itching to go and pack it all up ready, but I cant, so near yet so far. I do have to pack up my room though and do lots of sorting (and shopping) 

I just cant wait to get out there. :-)

x x x



No comments: