Saturday 9 April 2011

A few days in London

Hello there! 


Well I am now safely back 'oop north' after my 2 days training in Putney, London. 
I had a pretty good time, met my new team and learnt some things about where I'm going and what I'm doing. 


I stayed with this lovely lady called Phylis in her giant house, I was looking on the internet at places like premier inn and stuff but their all pretty expensive! But my dad stumbled across this B+B on the tinterweb and there I was, booked in a staying in this beautiful family home. I think it is probably the best place I've stayed in, Yes I only had a single bed and no digital TV and a bath but it was so welcoming, just like staying at your nan's. I've added a picture of the resident guard dog, Taffy, who I was very tempted to smuggle away with me (I didn't in the end) 






I heart London! it was a great two days, I always get excited getting on the tube into the capital and seeing all the colourful, exciting and strange people and how everyone just moves at this incredible pace with minimal fuss or damage to everyone else. I walk pretty fast and I just love that as soon as, say, you step off an escalator people are moving full pelt like they have incredible, exciting secret lives to get to and they cant miss out on a few seconds of it by slowing down. 
Even families seem to live at 100mph, it seemed a strange sight to see women in power suits, fish net tights and trainers pushing buggies with their beautiful little children dressed in Laura Ashley and baby gap. 


Now this week ahead is my last week at work... I'm feeling a little bit like five spice at the moment, all mixed up with a feeling a bit like how paprika tastes. that sounds very strange, but think about it, smoky and spicy, excited but mellow and a bit moody. 


I'll let you know how I get on. 


X

No comments: