Sunday 17 April 2011

Hello Blog. 



I am pretty new to this blogging game, but I like to hope that I’m doing ok at it. Maybe there should be some sort of guidelines or tips on how to write an interesting blog? I know some of my musings are thoughtful and pondering, and others read more like a dear diary, this is what’s happened to me this week. 



This morning I’m on the train and feel like I can see everything and hear everything a little clearer than normal. We’ve gone through the Yorkshire dales and some lovely countryside, which has just made me smile and remember that there is a lot of good stuff going on in the world, some just there that doesn’t get noticed too often and other things that are beautiful because they are battling against an ugly, dark side of life.

My peace has just been interrupted by a mobile phone. Travelling, although I find it peaceful and rewarding, I do turn into a bit of a snob and hate every bit of noise and distraction from my thoughts. 


A while back I wrote two things that I was going to do for lent. One was to give up crisps (epic fail) and the other was to be nice to at least one person a day, which I hope I manage to do most days. Now I’m thinking I might make a daily to-do list, a little bit like an alternative 10 commandments. Hopefully they will help me to embrace life more and be more open to new things and not being in control.
Here is my first draft.

  •   Remember that every day is a new beginning, not everything can go right every time and the next day is a chance to try again
  •   Accept that not everyone is the same as me, not everyone thinks or feels  the same way, be patient and know that the way I do things is not always the right or best way.
  •  Not all of my jokes are funny. I do not need to share them all.
  •    Be grateful for my health and do not use food to quell feelings or boredom. Unless it’s reasonably healthy. 
  •  New clothes are not the answer to every problem. Think before you shop.
  • Love every day. People, life, the world, myself.


That’s as far as I got before the train stopped and I had to get off. It’d be great if you could stop life and hop on and off when you want or make it go in slow motion or fast forward, depending on your mood. Just think, you could fast forward to see if your decisions turn out for the best and go back and live it all.


TTFN
a view from inside my head... 



3 comments:

Susie Rosso Wolf said...

I enjoy your uplifting attitude! Beautiful background here, too! Very nice!

newprairiewoman.blogspot.com

Susie Rosso Wolf said...

oh! And please check out my blog too! I think you will enjoy reading about my life on the prairie in Montana, USA.

newprairiewoman.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Love the view from inside your head. I liked your list, I'm the same with jokes ;)