Saturday 16 April 2011

.... and then I cried

'Promise me you'll never forget me because if I thought you would I'd never leave'  ~A.A. Milne






'I dunno, I feel a bit peculiar' 


That was what I said at 2:15 (approx) this Friday just gone, It has been a pretty peculiar week, I think that's the right word, maybe not. 


I went back to work on Monday after a week off and meeting my new team in London, it's soo strange to think that, I'm going to be living and working with these new people for the next six months! ahh! they seem like nice people though so I'm not worried. Three of them flew out to resort on Tuesday, I'm pretty excited to hear how it is out there.


But this week we've had people being interviewed, some wondering why they aren't,tense, silent hours of working, moments of hilarious office antics as usual, people not getting their jobs, three people successful in their jobs and wanting to jump for joy, our last full team meeting, poems, crying, cards, scrapbooks, being surprised with farewell cake and goodies. ahh.... 


Tuesday was our team meeting, we only had a little bit of business to talk about and then Hayley produced a folder full of poems that she'd made for each of us which are hilarious and amazing and she and Stuart made emotional good luck and thank you speeches then I handed out cards for everyone. it was a beautiful moment, I cried a bit, we all did. I hope everyone like their messages I wrote to them, I think they did from their faces. I managed to find a card to match most people, a dad dancer for Stu, Cake for Hayley, meerkats for Helen, an Ape for lee.... LOL


Wednesday was when Lee, Em and Helen were waiting to hear about their jobs, a very tense wait for everyone and I actually wanted to do a dance when they all got one. but then other people I know and have worked with didn't get jobs so that sad. 


Friday, I had to tidy and clear my things from my desk, I had three big bags full of stuff! and then some presents and cards and things and I was told that all of us had to go and help with a debate at some training, so we got there and Hayley and the young people said that they were doing a practice debate where they were in a hot air balloon but they had to throw one person out and it was between two young people I've known for years and they made me choose! ahh! well turns out I wasn't supposed to actually choose and then they produced a cake and a big suitcase with 2 lovely journals and a pair of funky Hareem pants that Emily and I had been talking about earlier that day! and Then they brought out a scrapbook full of photo's and messages and cards and jokes, ah It is beautiful and I shall treasure it forever. 


The most important thing I've discovered this week is that I seem to have made a change in a few people's lives. young and not so young. I haven't noticed it before but it feels great. 


(Hello and thank you team If you've typed in the link I wrote on your cards) 


Aside from work my sister's been over this week with my niece and nephew, Lewis and Megan, They are actually incredible little people. It's been great to see them this week, I was meant to travel back with them today but...... I ended up have 2 bottles too much to drink last night and have only just recovered. oops! bad auntie Fi, I was meant to take them to the beach as well this morning. I'm going to travel down tomorrow on the train and spend the rest of the week with them tho. I'll make it up to them. 




(Loves you Tash. Thank you for bundling me into a taxi last night. Now, how did I get this carpet burn on my elbow when we have no carpet at home.....did I fall over in the pub .!?!)

No comments: