Friday 2 December 2011

A bucket list, of sorts

I just found a website that hosts bucket lists.

I've never thought of doing one before, I'm always making to do lists, in fact I used to have a book of them on my desk at work to tick off during the day (or move onto the next day's sheet, which is what usually happened)

you can also look at other people's lists too, for inspiration.

In preparation of writing my list of things to do before I kick the bucket, I want to look at some of the exciting things I've done already, which I forget about so often.


See the Pyramids and tombs in Egypt.

 I went with my Nan to Giza for the pyramids, The first glimpse we saw of them were through a gap in the shops and houses (one of which was a pizza hut !), We went for a camel ride too, which took us quite near them, but it was an unbeatable veiw to be stood at the foot of the biggest one, looking up at to the point, their so impressive. Then the next year I saw the valley of the kings and went down into some of the tombs with the most amazing hyroglyphs.


Ride in a Hot Air Balloon

I did this in Egypt too, with Andy, this is when he proposed. The trip was magical, we got up at 5am and travelled by boat across the Nile in the dark and then in a mini bus to a clearing where 5 or 6 balloons were being inflated at once, by the time we got in the air the sun was just peeking over the hills and lit up the valley of the kings, we floated over fields, animals, and even houses where the people were sleeping on the roof and then we landed in a corn field and had a little party with music and dancing. it was lovely.








Perform in the Royal Albert Hall.

My big sister and I actually did this, I must have been about 5 and Wendy would have been 10, we were in the girls brigade and took part in a drill routine (like marching). Mum has a picture of us somewhere, taken while we were performing, theres me stood with the others, the only one with my long white socks, one pulled up to my knee and the other bunched around my ankle. 


Go Mountain biking, on an actual mountain

Greece 2008 with the Duke of Edinburgh group. A MAZE ING. Changed my life. 

Mount Parnithia, Evia Island, the acropolis, A whistling village....


Learn a Language.

Now I'm not saying I'm good but last year I completed my level one certificate in British sign Language.

Sex outdoors.

The things people have put on their lists are a bit more specific than just outdoors, but my mum reads this so I wont elaborate too much. although I will say, contrary to popular belief it's not actually illegal in the UK until someone complains.

Break the Law.

No, it wasn't by being caught doing the above ^
It was to do with driving, and I didn't get caught. 

Go Paragliding

Portugal 2009! I thought we'd go hurtling through the air but it is what it says, gliding, ah it's fab. 


Get a piercing

I did get a piercing, which wasn't my ears, but I took it out because a certain person didn't like it. Doh.


.....................................................................................................................

There's so much more I want to do;

Get a tattoo, one that means something, one just for shits and giggles.

Bungee Jump

Have a book published

Finish my degree

See the Northern Lights

Learn a language, properly, fluent

volunteer abroad


Better get going then...












No comments: