Saturday 21 May 2011

Day three of a long summer!

wow! three posts in half an hour,

well I wrote the last post in my room before bed, I dont have internet at the apartment.

I just now in Agios Nikolaos over looking the bottomless lake having some lunch and catching up on some messages and emails


It's beautiful

Today, Fran and I have a day off, so we went to the beach before and lay down to soak up some sun when I heard some random splashing sound, I looked up and there was a fish doing somersaults and flipping/flying/jumping out of the water. it was pretty amazing! I had no idea what to make of it! 

Then I went for a wonder, the beach we were on leads off a hotel, so i mooched round the hotel grounds and found a watersports stand with this man that we have now named Spartan, he was born in England, but has grown up over here, and as the name suggests, he is built like spartan out of 300 (the film) maybe even bigger. he was really nice though and let us go Kayaking for free (we were going to pay but when we got back he just said, it's free girls) 



So my first sea kayaking adventure was pretty cool, I forgot that I've never kayaked where theres waves, so I was a bit chicken at first, but it was great, we went a few miles I'd say, along the coast and found som amazing rock formations and caves and coves and natural archways and massive villas built into and on the cliffs. we also found a Crane, he was pretty cool and flew right over out heads and settled onto the cliffs showing off for a bit. it was seriously beautiful and a fab way to see the island. After our Kayaking (one of my best ideas, i must say!) we jumped into the sea (I waded wearily) and Fran did a bit of snorkelling, as soon as i put the snorkel mask on and wasn't looking a bloody fish came up and bit my knee! 

we're off out tonight so i'm sure i'll have lots of stories to tell you. 

Ciao for now! 




No comments: