Monday 16 May 2011

Rainy days have feelings too...

Did you know that it's supposed to be good luck for it to rain on your wedding day? strange, if it rains any other day in your life, it's a downer.

I think rain just gets a bad press. After all, it helps the trees grow, and the flowers and they bring us oxygen. so it isn't all bad.

Today was rainy. the weather forecast said fine. Oh how they were wrong!

But it didn't dampen my day (excuse the pun)


I had some sad news this week, my friends granddad died, it came as a real shock to her and her family, I feel so sorry and sad. nothing can prepare you for losing someone, you'll never be used to it. When my granddad died, we had prepared that he wasn't going to get better and back to himself, it still hurt like hell but I knew that he wasn't in pain, he didn't have to lose any more dignity and pride.
Words seem so useless, if they appear at all. There is nothing you can say that doesn't sound at least a little like your from a greetings card or being insincere or an idiot.

Last night we went on a bit of a road trip, which was funny and full of us reminiscing, it's just a shame that the trip we took was to pick up a relative of hers in readiness for the funeral. Sad times.

Today, after precisely 3 and a half hours sleep (we didnt get back from the airport til gone three) I went to the zoo :-)

In the run up to Crete I've been doing to rounds and seeing people and some of those very important people are my sister and her husband and children. So we decided to go to the zoo. I hopped on the train at just past 8 this morning and spent a very enjoyable, but wet, day finding all the animals and playing about with the kids.

1 comment:

Tashie said...

Aww Feef you just made me cry. Your so lovely! I have updated my blog just for you :D